How to Make a Training Video Content a BreezeVitalii Romanchenko
A training video is an easily accessible instrument to reach out to others. Not only does this format allow you to share knowledge, but it also helps engage with customers and employees on a more profound level. One look is worth a thousand words, right?
In this article, we will discuss how to make a training video that is both informative and engaging and you will have all the tools to design and deliver relevant content for the chosen audience.
What is a training video?
A training video aims at teaching viewers how to accomplish a certain task and/or acquire a new skill. The range of topics for this video format is vast, covering everything from employee onboarding and compliance training to software education and customer support.
In addition to spreading knowledge and inspiring viewers to take action, training videos are convenient as viewers can often access them from any location at any given time.
As a powerful source of information and an easy-to-use tool, they can be a game-changer for companies striving to reach out to their employees and customers more effectively.
Why create training videos?
People often prefer to acquire information from videos as this format is more engaging than just reading the instructions. As a recent Pew Research study shows, 81% of Americans are YouTube users, with 54% of respondents claiming they visit the platform daily.
Another research suggests that 87% of YouTube users consider a platform crucial for learning something new and expanding their knowledge. When presented in a visual form, knowledge can be spread more easily. In this way, training videos enable the delivery of high-quality content and help users live up to their learning potential.
With this in mind, here are some of the universal pros when you consider whether to make a training video or opt for something different. Training videos provide your company an opportunity to:
- Reach out to viewers’ hearts with sounds and visual materials. Even a short training video added to a course can make it more vivid and consequently more engaging.
- Ease the information overload. With training videos, you can share relevant, clear, and concise information that can be accessed on demand.
- Reduce training costs. Training videos will help cut down on repetitive instructor fees and other costs, with no need to arrange venue, travel, and accommodation expenditures.
- Drive traffic to your website. If your videos are well-optimized, they can appear in search engine results, which can further increase website traffic.
- Take the burden off your tech or customer support team. You can reduce the number of support requests your team receives daily by providing answers to common questions or problems in a training video.
Training videos can be used to educate employees on company procedures, safety protocols, or new products and services and provide customers with demonstrations and step-by-step instructions. When created properly, they can be an invaluable asset to any business as this format is efficient in delivering information swiftly and accurately.
Types of training videos you can create
Given the technological advancements, you can make a training video relying on numerous formats and techniques. But, different goals and target audiences call for a flexible approach in choosing the one. So, although there is no universal solution, let’s take a closer look at the types of training videos suitable for your goals.
- Screencast videos are typically recordings of computer screens with accompanying audio narration. They can show employees how to use specific software programs or demonstrate processes and procedures.
- Microvideos are short, concise videos that deliver a specific message or instruction. They are often used in online training courses or as part of a larger training video.
- Presenter videos feature a subject matter expert presenting information to viewers. Their main goal is to deliver lectures or presentations or provide an overview of a topic.
- Roleplay videos are simulations of real-world situations. They are suitable to train employees on how to handle customer service inquiries, sales calls, or other types of interactions.
- Interactive videos are a type of training video that allows viewers to control the flow of information by influencing the situation and making their own decisions. Although this format is relatively new, it provides a high level of viewers’ involvement.
A high-quality training video will be engaging, informative, and tailored to the specific needs of its audience. When choosing a type before you make a training video, consider the content you want to present and the visual approaches that may help you convey the ideas.
Tips on how to make a training video more effective and engaging
How to make a training video that retains the audience’s attention? Here are some of the recommendations that may add memorability to your video:
- Keep it short and sweet. The viewers should be able to understand the main points without getting lost in details.
- Use real-life examples and scenarios. This will help the viewers to connect with the material and retain the knowledge.
- Embrace graphics, animation, and other visual aids. Let’s break up the monotony of a talking head and keep the viewers concentrated on the video.
- Keep the video short. Your audience’s focus span has its limits, so it is essential to make your point quickly and move on.
- Get personal. Share your own experiences and stories to connect with viewers on a more profound level.
The combination of your techniques can embrace your video with a human touch that sparkles the audience’s interest and fosters effective knowledge sharing. You can also make impactful videos powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) with Elai.
Six easy steps to make a training video
What are the basic elements in the strategy for creating a noteworthy training video? Here is a list of things you may consider before making one.
- Plan your video. Before filming and designing the video, it is crucial to have a clear idea of what you want your content to accomplish. Write out a script or storyboard to stay on track and decide on the target audience, the video’s length, and the production value.
- Choose the right format. There are many different ways to format a training video. You need to decide what will work best for your purposes.
- Set up your equipment. Once you have arranged the core components of the video, set up the technical nuances, starting from a video camera, lighting kit, tripod, and lavalier microphone to video editing software. Besides, make sure everything is in place before you start visualizing your ideas.
- Film your video. This is the most important step if you choose to make a training video of a presenter format! Make sure you follow your script or storyboard and capture all the footage you need.
- Edit the video. At this stage, you can add titles, music, and other design elements to make your video more engaging. Trim out any mistakes or pauses that may have occurred during recording.
- Publish your video. Upload it to a video-sharing platform or embed it on your website or blog.
When you are trying to make a training video, start by identifying the key points you want to communicate. Then, create a script that will help you stay on track while filming. Be sure to use understandable language and clear visuals to further engage your audience.
All things considered
Creating a memorable and informative training video may seem daunting, but, with thorough planning and careful execution, it can be extremely rewarding for your company. Practice your delivery and timing to ensure a professional and polished final product. Stay creative and have fun!
Elai is a deep-tech startup company uniting technology devotees from all over the world. With our assistance, you can easily create high-quality training videos.
Interested to learn more? Please, contact us.