The Complete Guide to Video In Employee Onboarding and Why You Should Start Using It NowVitalii Romanchenko
Introduction: The Power of Video in Employee Onboarding and Why You Should be Using it
Video is the most powerful way to communicate with your employees. It can help you engage them, educate them and get them excited about their new job. It is a great idea to use video in your employee onboarding process for various reasons.
First of all, it is proven to be a more engaging medium than text-based materials or even printed materials. Video can also be used to communicate company values and culture or even just provide information about the company and its products or services in a manner that other formats simply cannot achieve: the new employees can be engaged through video narration and the use of digital avatars or actors.
The following are some good reasons you should use video in your employee onboarding process:
- The language barrier is a problem and text-based materials are hard to read. Many modern businesses choose a remote-first work model and hire internationally, so choosing a video for onboarding is optimal. With video, you can explain concepts and processes not only using words as when using text but also through dynamic visuals and screencasts.
- Many people find it difficult to read a lot of materials: nowadays, our attention span is rather specific due to the types of media we typically consume. It is the best choice to benefit from the modern trends and create video learning materials, ensuring high engagement levels among the new employees.
- Video is effective because you can use subtitling and captions in many languages. If English is not some of your employees’ first language, you should still be able to follow the video with subtitles. What is more, if you choose a user and budget-friendly video creation option as an Elai AI video maker, you will be able to automatically translate your videos into one of the 69 supported languages in just 3 clicks.
Why is Video Important for Your Company
A video is a great way to showcase the company culture, explain your product, and tell your story in an engaging way.
A YouTube channel can be used to promote the company’s products and services as well as provide an inside look into the company culture. A YouTube channel is also a great place to post videos that are not directly related to the company but still promote its values and brand. With this in mind, you can share the insights of your company’s workflow with your customers to increase their trust in your brand.
It is no secret that, for example, video marketing is an important part of any company’s marketing strategy. It is a great way to reach a large audience and spread your message. While video marketing helps you connect with your users, videos for employee onboarding help you connect with your employees and build a solid work relationship and a strong corporate culture.
The company values need to be clear not only to the consumers, but to the employees as well, and using video to convey the values is the most beneficial decision.
The Benefits of using Video in Employee Onboarding
Video content can be used to communicate with and educate employees. It is an effective way of conveying information, creating a sense of belonging, and building trust.
The benefits of using video in employee onboarding are numerous:
- It is an effective way of conveying information, creating a sense of belonging, and building trust.
- Video is an easy way to create a learning experience and provide useful content that employees can refer to on their own time. Videos can be watched from any device at any time and usually are not so energy-consuming compared to reading text. With employee onboarding video courses made out of short videos on various topics, the employees will be able to find the information they need easily at any time.
- It creates a strong sense of belonging by giving people opportunities to learn about the company culture or position before they fully dive in. Videos, due to having visuals, dynamics, music, and narration altogether, can speak to the employee’s emotions and give them a warmer welcome than text will ever be able to.
How to Create an Effective Video In Employee Onboarding Process?
A good onboarding process is essential for any company to have. It can help new employees assimilate quickly into the company culture, and it can also help them get the most out of their time with the company.
Some of the benefits of a good onboarding process include:
- Helping new employees assimilate quickly into the company culture.
- Helping new employees get the most out of their time with the company. This can be done by sharing the internal best workflow practices, as well as the specific frameworks that the company uses.
- Providing an opportunity to share organizational values, vision, and mission statements. These concepts can be explained thoroughly in a video. They are crucial as they help people work with the same values in mind, strengthening the team spirit and driving productivity.
- Easing the transition from the previous job. No matter how excited the person is to start a new job, it is also always stressful. A well-crafted onboarding course lets them get familiar with the new workplace and feel more confident in their new position.
To generate a powerful onboarding video course quickly and without breaking the bank, it is a great idea to try using AI video makers. Such video makers work as text-to-video, making it easier for anyone without any previous experience to create content. It also speeds up the whole process, as there is no need to work with third parties. AI video makers resemble presentation creation tools and even allow anyone to create videos from already existing presentations, making the process the most effective.
Video provides an interactive experience and allows the person to explore the environment on their own terms, and at their own pace.
Video can be used as a standalone tool or combined with other technologies like virtual reality to provide a more immersive experience.