Thinkific App Documentation
What is Elai?
Elai.io is an AI-based solution that lets you generate videos with a digital presenter just from text. With a library of digital avatars, 65+ languages available, and the ability to fully customize the video, it gives endless opportunities for educational courses creation.
How does Elai work?
The solution converts the text you use in the video into speech. All the backgrounds, text, and screencasts are rendered to fit well within the speech text. The avatar or avatars of choice will voiceover the text in any language that you choose.
How will Elai affect my Thinkific Site?
When you install the Elai App, you will be able to create your Elai account and start generating videos.
After your Elai video is rendered, you will be able to upload it directly to your Thinkific Site and use it in your courses.
How to install Elai?
When you are logged in to your School, go to Apps.
You can see it on your left sidebar.
In the App Store search bar, type in “Elai”. After you see the app, click “Install”. After that, you can create your Elai account and use the App freely.
How Do I Use the Elai App?
You can get started after registering your account and confirming your email address.
- In the Elai builder, press the “New Video” button and choose a fitting template or create a video from scratch.
- On the right sidebar, choose the preferred avatar. You can also select the look that is the most suitable: business, casual, doctor, etc.
- Put some text into the text area. Choose the desired language from the drop-down menu. You can listen to the text by clicking “Play”. If you feel like the voice is not the perfect fit, you can choose another one from the menu.
- Decide on the background. There are many possibilities of what you can do: choose a color, upload your own image or browse through the stock ones. Also, you are able to upload a screencast as a background, zoom it in or out, and fit it to your audio.
- Add some text and elements to the slides. Write the most important information right on your slide, and add images or shapes to make the slide look polished.
- Add some animation to your whole slide or a separate element to add some dynamic.
- Add as many slides as you need and customize them to your taste.
- After you are done, click “Render”. Each video is a subject for automoderation, so the rendering process may take minutes of your precious time.
- When your video is ready, click the button “Add to Thinkific” in the video preview.
- If you ever want to edit your video, you can always do this in the Elai App, and then re-render it.
How Do I Turn My Course Into a Video?
- Go to your Elai account.
- Click “Create from Thinkific course”.
- Choose the course that you want to turn into videos. Make sure the course is “published”. If you want to use your draft course, just publish it temporarily before.
- Elai will scan your text lessons and grab all texts from them divided by paragraph.
- Remove all extra slides, edit texts, and pre-play speech. You can use templates to replace visuals keeping your speech.
- Render your Elai video and enjoy the result.
How Do I Upload Elai Video to My Thinkific Course?
You can upload your Elai video straight to your Thinkific course. Follow these steps:
- Click the “Add to Thinkific” button.
- Open your Thinkific account by clicking the “Go to Thinkific” button.
- In your Thinkific account, go to “Manage learning content”, and then to “Courses”.
- There, open the course you need.
- Click “Add lesson” and choose “Multimedia”.
- Paste your pre-copied Elai link and name your lesson.
To add the video to your Thinkific video library, follow these simple steps in the Video Preview:
- Click the “Add to Thinkific” button.
- Open your video library by clicking the “Go to Thinkific” button.
- Click “Upload” and choose “Link (URL)”.
- Paste the link to your video (already in your clipboard) and click the button next to the input field.
- In your course, add a video lesson and choose your video from the list.
If you would like to just download your video, you can do it by clicking the “Download” button in the Video Preview.
Watch the tutorial below to see how you can upload your Elai video to your Thinkific course.
How to uninstall Elai?
When you are logged in to your School, go to Apps. There, you will see Elai among your installed apps. To uninstall, click on the trash can next to it. After that, the Elai App will be uninstalled from your Thinkific Apps.
Your video length is not limited as long as it fits into the requirements of your plan.
Yes, you need to click on the button “Voiceover” in the builder, and your slide will have no avatar.