The most Important Video Marketing Statistics of 2022Vitalii Romanchenko
Video marketing is the new way to reach customers: it appeals to their emotions and makes a huge impact on their minds. Because of this, videos have become the largest form of digital content marketing for many businesses. Regardless of whether your company is looking for a long-term strategy or only looking for a quick experiment, video can help you achieve your goals successfully.
Noteworthy Video Marketing Statistics
- 80% of people who watched a video ad will remember it during the next 30 days;
- 79% of people note that they prefer watching videos rather than reading text;
- 55% of people watch videos online every day;
- People share videos 12 times more than any other content;
- 90% of the time, a video is what pushes people to buy the product;
- Including videos in the marketing strategy leads to 49% faster revenue growth;
- Using videos in marketing results in a 54% rise in brand awareness;
- 83% of marketers confirm that video content gives them good ROI.
There is one important thing: what exactly is video marketing?
Video marketing is when a company makes a video that promotes its product or services and uses it online. Some examples include video ads both on TV a YouTube, you can even see them on social media like Facebook. Sometimes, a video ad pops up while you are on some app on your phone. Generally, you can see them almost everywhere.
Just in case you have not been shocked by the stats yet, let us provide some more information on them.
Some cusrious facts about video marketing:
1. 80% of people who watched a video ad will remember it during the next 30 days
For a whole month, a video ad will be stuck in the person’s mind, even if they did not like it initially Let’s test it: name the brand that had a car and two ladybugs in their ad. Studies have also found that commercials can be recalled between 1 to 6 months following exposure.
2. 79% of people note that they prefer watching videos rather than reading text
Video is the best medium for marketing. A simple video gives us far more information than a 3-minute read would, and it takes literally zero effort from you to watch it. In the 21st century, who’s not watching videos?
3. People remember 20% of what they see
The human brain is a true beehive of creativity. Compared to remembering 10% of what we hear, studies prove that we remember 20% of what we see. Using both video and text can be beneficial in raising memorability.
4. 78% of Internet users watch videos every week
78% can seem like a surprisingly low-ish percentage, but think bigger; it is still a huge amount of prospects. And if this fact has not surprised you, prepare for the next one:
5. 55% of them watch videos every day
So, more than half of those who watch videos every week, watch videos every day. Once again – the Internet is used globally, and it is hard to even imagine the real number that 55% represents.
6. People share videos 12 times more than any other content
(Source: Small Business Trends)
Video is a powerful content type that can deliver an accurate message, instantly. It is also easily accessible, with mobile phones supporting video formats and TV ad campaigns playing seamlessly on Facebook. Add the ability to post videos on Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Google+, plus play video ads on YouTube and other social networks, and you have the perfect combination for your marketing strategy.
7. When talking about reviews, watching one has a bigger emotional impact than reading
Videos are a great way to connect with customers and align your brand with their emotions. Reading a customer’s review is one thing. Watching said customer actually use the product and hearing them praise it engages you on a whole another level.
8. 90% of the time, a video is what pushes people to buy the product
Consumers are more likely to buy products that they understand. This is because understanding involves learning as well as interiorization and association with the product. When you explain something to customers, they have a better picture in their minds of what it is and how it can benefit them or their business.
9. 96% of people have seen an explainer video before
Videos are by far the most engaging type of content on the Internet and are used widely as explainers (remember searching for a “How-to” on YouTube?). Therefore, they are a great way to build interest with your audience. This type of video is vital for your marketing strategy.
10. Using videos in marketing results in a 54% rise in brand awareness
Video provides a constantly widening reach, covering one of the main goals of any marketing plan.
11. Including videos in the marketing strategy leads to 49% faster revenue growth
Not only videos are memorable, but they also entertain people – and that is the reason why they get shared so much. We need stimulation not to feel bored all the time, and video does a great job.
Because of this, video content marketing is more successful than any other marketing strategy by nearly 50%.
12. 83% of marketers confirm that video content gives them good ROI
Video marketing is a hot trend. According to Video Marketing Statistics, 87% of marketers say videos give a positive ROI. Their usage has come a long way since 2015 when only 33% felt the same way. There’s more: Close to 95% of marketers say videos are excellent lead generators. 81% feel they directly increase sales.
13. 85% of marketers who have placed video ads on Facebook confirm: they are successful
Videos make people feel heard and recognized. Placing a video on social media is a whole new level of feeling included.
How to Choose the Right Format?
We have covered some important ground with statistics. Now, it is important to see how to choose the right video type that will fit in with your marketing strategy.
14. You can use Vlogs even if you are not an influencer
Vlogs are a great way to increase your reach across the web and inspire trust in your brand. You or your company’s representative can make announcements or weekly updates on your social media pages yourself. This format also works great for the behind-the-scenes type of content.
15. 88% of users would like to see more videos from their favorite companies
According to video statistics, an average business posts up to 18 videos per month – and with that, 88% of those who watched the videos claim they want more. This way, 66% of advertisers are looking to increase their budgets accordingly.
16. Live videos work: 35% of marketers have used Facebook Live
Live streaming permanently changes the way you present your business. It’s easy to get started, takes less time than traditional recording, and offers an opportunity for your audience to interact with you in real-time.
17. Video reviews are the best if you sell tech or cosmetics
Video reviews of technologies and makeup are the ones that seem to spark the most interest. The reviews can be performed both by bloggers or industry experts.
18. Testimonials are one of the best formats of content marketing
Testimonials are reviews that your clients make. They can be in an interview format when there is a set of questions to ask about the product. The key to a great testimonial is the customer being genuine.
19. Even today, ads are a multibillion-dollar industry
It’s no surprise that internet video is growing in popularity – we’re a busy, multitasking society. And we love to be entertained! If you want your brand to stay at the forefront of consumers’ minds, you need ads. They’re one of the most cost-effective forms of video marketing, offering a wide range of creative options, from branded billboards and commercials to live broadcasts.
20. Including videos in emails can increase your click rate up to 300%
(Source: Leighton Interactive)
There are some very compelling statistics showing that video marketing is not just good for your business but also good for emails. An email with video content on average leads to better ROI. Integrating them into your email marketing plan is worth giving a try: you will reap the benefits soon enough.
Surprising Video Marketing Stats
We have reviewed some serious information; now, get ready for fun facts.
21. YouTube is the second largest search engine
Of course, Google is number one, but YouTube is not far behind. A lot of people search for explainers there, and the topics vary widely.
22. The first video that surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube is… Gangam Style
The video was uploaded on the 15th of July, 2012, and became the first one to gain more that a billion views.
23. There are video snippets in 26% of Google search results
(Source: Marketing Insider Group)
Compared to traditional SEO tactics, video helps with first page placings 53 times more often.
24. 85% of Facebook users watch the videos on mute
(Source: Marketing Insider Group)
According to 2022 video marketing statistics, 85% of Facebook users do not turn the sound on when watching videos – usually, people do it on the go.
We enjoyed sharing some of the serious and fun video statistics with you. We hope you liked it, and stay tuned for more!